Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Sermon for the Rest of Us

Sermon for the Rest of Us (John 2)
by Mrs. W

If I had to choose a sermon
That I want my life to show
That exemplifies my goals
And just where I want to go
If I had just one more minute
To be all I pray to be
This would be my sermon:
I have found Him. Come and see.

If I had to choose a sermon
For the restless who need peace
For the lonely who need love
And for the hurt who need relief
If I had to find a way
To give the hope God gave to me
This would be my sermon:
I have found Him. Come and see.

If I had to choose a sermon
That said all I need to say
If I had to leave one message
For the ones I love that day
When my body's cold and lifeless
And my soul is finally free
This would be my sermon:
I have found Him. Come and see.

I have found the One who loves me
And who satisfies my ache
The One who bears my sorrows
Holds the burdens I can't take
I have found the One who knows me
Who forgives me when I fall
Who freed me from my selfish pride
And listens when I call.

I have found the One I never
Even knew I longed to find
When I thought my life so perfect,
He showed me I was blind.
I have found the One who never lies
And never walks away
The One who evil runs from
And who hears me when I pray.

Come and see Him! He invites you.
Come and see this Jesus now
I know you're probably wondering why
You're probably wondering how.
Well, come see Him if you're empty
(And you've never told a soul)
Come see Him if you've failed
And had to pay the awful toll..

Come and see Him if you wonder
Who this Jesus really was
Why He just won't go away
Why He says the things He does..
Come see Him if His followers
Have wounded you with hate
Come see Him if you're angry
That they joy in your mistakes
Come see Him if you think that
He's a fraud the weak believe
He can answer all your questions
He can handle every need.

I have found Him and I know
That He is worth whatever pain
It may cost to take forgiveness
And to claim as yours His Name.
Come and see Him with your questions
Read His words and bow your knee
And soon you'll preach this sermon:
I have found Him. Come and see!



No comments:

Post a Comment